Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Collections Information

If you fail to pay a court ordered fine as directed in the reminder notice or as ordered by the court, the matter will be referred to the court’s collections unit and a civil assessment notice will be issued.   

If you do not pay the fine by the due date an additional civil assessment of $10 will be added to the amount owed unless you provide written proof of "good cause" for your failure to pay. The court may also submit your case to a third-party collection vendor which could also adversely affect your credit rating. The vendor may attach your wages and bank account(s), or subtract it from your tax refund and/or lottery winnings without notice.

Ventura Superior Court Collections

Sutter Superior Court has partnered with Ventura Superior Court to assist with the collection of delinquent accounts. If you are contacted by Ventura Superior Court regarding your delinquent account and want to make sure the request for payment is legitimate, please contact the Sutter Superior Court Collections Division at (530) 822-3301.

Exceptions/Traffic School

If within 20 days of mailing of the civil assessment notice, you show good cause for the failure to appear or failure to pay, the court may vacate the additional civil assessment. Good cause for failure to appear or pay is limited to serving in the military overseas, hospitalization, incarceration, or a death of an immediate family member. You must provide written official proof signed by a military officer or doctor; an incarceration record; or death certificate to the Collection Division.

The fact that you moved is not considered an acceptable cause for failing to appear or pay. It is your obligation to notify the court of any change of address or phone number.

Once your case has been referred to the collections unit you are not eligible to attend traffic violator school unless the civil monetary assessment has been paid.


Contact the Collections Division at (530) 822-3301. Have your case number and/or account number ready when calling.

Payment Information

Your case may be eligible for installment payments without an appearance before a judicial officer. For more information you may contact the Collections Division by calling (530) 822-3301.

You have several options for making a payment on a collections case.

In Person:

Sutter County Superior Court
1175 Civic Center Blvd., Yuba City, CA 95993
Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (excluding weekends and Holidays).


Online Payment System

A convenience fee of 1.99% ($1.00 minimum) will be added to your payment . Our website is available 24 hours a day.

(Accounts that have been referred to the Franchise Tax Board are not eligible for payment online)

By Mail:

Superior Court of California County of Sutter
1175 Civic Center Blvd
Yuba City, CA 95993

Check or Money Order should be made payable to: Sutter Superior Court

Do Not Mail Cash

Outside Collection Vendors

Franchise Tax Board-Court Ordered Debt

P.O. Box 1328
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741
Phone: (916) 845-4064

Ventura Superior Court Collections Unit

P.O. Box 6489
Ventura, CA 93006-6489
Phone: (866) 378-8758

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.