Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

COVID-19 Information:

Do not come to the courthouse if you feel sick and/or have symptoms of COVID-19.

Read more information about COVID-19 and court operations.

Interpreter Information

Does the court provide interpreters?

The goal of the court is to provide you free language access services if you do not speak, write, read or understand English well. The court provides interpreters at no cost in all criminal, traffic, juvenile delinquency, juvenile dependency, and other mandated case types. The court will also provide interpreters at no cost in civil and family law case types including Domestic Violence, Civil Harassment, Elder or Dependent Abuse, Unlawful Detainer, Termination of Parental Rights, Conservatorships, Guardianships, and all Family Law cases.

How do I request an interpreter?

If you need an interpreter in a criminal, traffic, juvenile deliquency, juvenile dependency or other mandated case type, you or your attorney may request one in person from any clerk at the counter when filing your case or via email to the Interpreter Coordinator at the email address listed below. Please make such requests at least a week before your hearing. For these case types you may also submit your request to the courtroom staff at the time of your hearing. However, if you wait until the date of your hearing to request an interpreter, you may have to wait until an interpreter can be contacted, or your hearing may be continued to a future date.

If you need an interpreter in a civil or family law case type, including Domestic Violence, Civil Harassment, Elder or Dependent Abuse, Unlawful Detainer, Termination of Parental Rights, Conservatorships, Guardianships, or any Family Law case, you or your attorney must submit form INT-300 to the court, either in person, via email or via mail. Please make these requests at least one week before your scheduled hearing.

Where to submit requests

Requests may be submitted in person or via mail at:

1175 Civic Center Boulevard

Yuba City, CA 95993

Or via email to:

You may also call the Interpreter Coordinator office at 530.822.3401 to request an interpreter for a mandated case type or for more information or assistance.

Interpreters for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing

Note: There are American Sign Language interpreters and real time captioning for parties and witnesses that are deaf or hard-of-hearing (or have another disability). The court will provide a sign language interpreter or court reporter for you or other accommodation you may need. You should file a Request for Accommodations by Persons with Disabilities form as soon as possible, but at least 5 days prior to the hearing. You can read more about this and complete the required form in the ADA section of this website.

Language Access Plan Information

Click to learn more about our court’s local language access policies

To complain about language access services at the Superior Court of California, County of Sutter fill out the language access complaint form (also available in Punjabi and Spanish). Follow the directions for turning it in.

For complaints about the Judicial Council’s services (Judicial Council meetings, court forms, or other translated material on, go to:

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.